Palmetto Giving Day 2018
Palmetto Giving Day is Coming on May 1st!
Following last year's successful initiative of nonprofit leaders in Georgetown in collaboration with the Bunnelle Foundation and many local businesses, Palmetto Giving Day is coming back stronger and bolder: 54 organizations with the goal of raising one million dollars.
These are challenging times for conservation and environmental causes, but SCELP has worked tirelessly for over 30 years to protect our state's unique natural resources, and with your engagement our dedication will thrive for another generation. As a state-wide organization, we appeal to all South Carolinians and South Carolina lovers to join us on May 1st and help make Palmetto Giving Day a huge success.
These are SCELP's Giving Day Goals for this year:
- 200 donations
- 50 new donors
- $60,000 in total funds raised
Give HERE on May 1st and help us rise to the challenge!
Perks and Incentives
To help us achieve our goals, the Frances P. Bunnelle Foundation and other generous supporters, including the Tamsberg Family Foundation, Calvert Huffines and our own Board & Staff have made available $30,000 in matching funds.
To help you help us raise to the match, we will be offering limited edition posters of the painting Port Royal Fisherman, by Jonathan Green (1997, Oil on Canvas 60" X 48" @ Jonathan Green - Private Collection) to all new donors at the $50 level or higher and a few other treats.
- Give $150 or more and receive 1 ticket to win a Free Pass for 2 to the 9th Annual Wild Side (November 3rd)
- Give $100 or more and receive 1 ticket to win a Dinner for 4 in either Charleston or Georgetown
- Give $50 or more and get 1 ticket to win the best book combo on the wondrous Lowcountry coast: A Coast for All Season and A Tide-Swept Coast of Wind and Marsh on South Carolina and Georgia respectively, both by Miles Hayes and Jacqui Michel.
- Also, the first 50 gifts on May 1st will have the chance to a Free Pass for 2 to the Kayak Expedition to Captain Sam Spit on Kiawah coming up on May 20th.